New member from California

Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: hawglips

ruggedsportsmen

New member from California

Postby ruggedsportsmen » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:42 pm

Hey all! Figured Id introduce myself here. Im Drew, Im from California been hunting all my life out here. Past couple years lead free ammo was a PAIN to find except duck loads. Being a metallic reloader already I decided to bring it upon myself to load shotgun shells. I was able to get a hold of all the components before the reloading shortage :lol: Being very into precision metallic reloading with high BC monolithic bullets the TSS side of shotshell reloading peaked my interest. Last year I bought 2 pounds of size 8 TSS and size 12 :o . I was amazed at the distance I could take down ducks with size 8. And the quail, chukar AND pheasant never stood a chance getting slapped with what seemed like a brick wall of #12 TSS. I was getting almost full penetration with the size 12 through the rear end of the pheasant with a couple sticking just under the front breast. Crazy stuff. I just picked up 5 more pounds of TSS and looking to pick up 5 more in different sizes. Last year I ran all duplex loads with steel data this year I am looking at running pure TSS loads. Excited to share my results.

hawglips

Re: New member from California

Postby hawglips » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:16 am

Welcome to the board!

Return to “Introductions”