20 gauge 2 3/4 hulls question

General data and information handloading data

Moderator: hawglips

Brodo

20 gauge 2 3/4 hulls question

Postby Brodo » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:25 pm

I'm looking at new primed 20 gauge 2 3/4 inch hulls to get started with. Most everywhere is sold out. I have found RIO hulls with 10mm brass in stock. Also found Cheddite with 8mm brass. My question is the difference in the brass mm and how it effects or does not effect the load. Also is one size preferred over another or are both of these options out of the question? I apologize for such a beginner question but couldn't find an answer in other posts.

hawglips

Re: 20 gauge 2 3/4 hulls question

Postby hawglips » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:07 am

Brodo wrote:I'm looking at new primed 20 gauge 2 3/4 inch hulls to get started with. Most everywhere is sold out. I have found RIO hulls with 10mm brass in stock. Also found Cheddite with 8mm brass. My question is the difference in the brass mm and how it effects or does not effect the load. Also is one size preferred over another or are both of these options out of the question? I apologize for such a beginner question but couldn't find an answer in other posts.

The testing I've done with the different brass heights doesn't seem to show practically significant differences in the ballistics of the shell....

Brodo

Re: 20 gauge 2 3/4 hulls question

Postby Brodo » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:19 am

Ok, thank you sir for answering. I wanted to check before I ordered hulls that couldn't be used.

Return to “General and Beginners Information”