What do i need?

Open discussion on Tungsten Super Shot "TSS" Handloading.

Moderator: hawglips

rt2bowhunter

What do i need?

Postby rt2bowhunter » Sat May 22, 2021 8:24 am

I'm wanting to start loading some TSS for Turkeys only. I have a 12ga 3" Encore that i'd really like to use. But don't want it to knock me into next week :). I have 2 20 ga's i can and have used to take Gobblers with TSS shot so those bases are covered.

I have a thumb hole wood stock that i have added some glued in lead for weight and i have the weight of the gun up to 9 lbs maybe a little over that. It has a nice reflex sight and makes a great short blind gun.

My hope is to load up some TSS with 2 3/4" shells with mild to moderate recoil that will reach out and kill a gobbler. I don't care to buy what i need. But as i'm sure you know finding components is a chore to say the least. I have some winchester AA hulls new HS gray and some red ordered once fired and CCI magnum primers with some Winchester 572 powder.

IDK if any of this could be used. I guess my question with a year until next turkey season. What do i need to keep my eye open for. What wads,hulls,powder, primers.

My plan is to buy the TSS shot off hawgllps or maybe everything :).

Thanks for any advice.

paulinkansas

Re: What do i need?

Postby paulinkansas » Sat May 22, 2021 9:31 pm

Just order from Hawglips. He'll give you recipes with the components you need. If you need a few hulls or wads, just PM me. You need to use a non-tox (steel) wad.

rt2bowhunter

Re: What do i need?

Postby rt2bowhunter » Sun May 23, 2021 8:40 am

Sounds like a solid plan thanks so much.

Return to “TSS”