New to loading TSS

Turkey hunting

Moderator: hawglips

PA hookhunter

New to loading TSS

Postby PA hookhunter » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:52 pm

Hello I’m new to the word of loading TSS and need some help/info on recipes. I have new primed Fiocchi hulls in .410 bore and I would like to know what size shot is best and any recipes you would be willing to share. I’ve heard a lot about Hal’s work and I respect you for taking the time to help everyone out. I’m ready to purchase some shot but don’t want to purchase the wrong size so any help would be appreciated greatly.

Thank you kindly and good luck all turkey hunters this season. Be safe and may god bless you all

mjy03

Re: New to loading TSS

Postby mjy03 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:01 pm

I worked with Hal on my first purchase of TSS and he helped me understand shot size vs quarry. For small to medium size ducks I have found 9 shot works well, mallards I use 7 or 8 shot. I have moved from 12 gauge to 20 and now shoot my 28. If I got an opportunity to have ducks and geese I go with 7 shot. Hope this helps but I recommend emailing Hal. He walked me through the info and lead me down the right path. All my buddies want my loads. Hunted with an outfitter and left a couple boxes of 20 with the guides.

Return to “Turkey”