New to the Board

Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: hawglips

TNRIDGERUNNER

New to the Board

Postby TNRIDGERUNNER » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:38 am

Hello, everyone. I'm a new member of the site. I've had reloading interest for a few years now, but finally decided to act on it. Mainly interested in loading for waterfowl and turkey loads. Currently I've ordered a few manuals, but any recommendations would be appreciated. I look forward to learning about the art of reloading!

derbyacresbob

Re: New to the Board

Postby derbyacresbob » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Welcome!

Do you already have a reloader?

If you order TSS shot from hawglips he has some data for all the different shotgun gauges.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, there are some very helpful people on this forum.

TNRIDGERUNNER

Postby TNRIDGERUNNER » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:23 am

No sir. No reloader yet, but I did order some TSS from Hawglips. He has been very helpful. I've got my eye on the MEC Sizemaster, I believe I will purchase one soon. Currently debating whether to start with duplex loads or straight TSS. I plan on beginning with waterfowl loads. I currently use 3" Remington Nitro Steel #4. It kills the mallards and other puddles fine, but when diver hunting we get a lot of cripples requiring follow up shots. I'd like to see those follow up shots disappear without losing my pellet count.

paulinkansas

Postby paulinkansas » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:05 am

Hi Tn
It's my own opinion that you start of with duplex loads. If your annual income is over 1/4 million dollars, go with pure TSS. I'm getting close to that level of income.

TNRIDGERUNNER

Postby TNRIDGERUNNER » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:20 am

I'm a poor man playing a rich man's game, my friend. Haha any duplex loads in particular? Not really asking for exact load data, but just as a discussion piece. Thanks.

Lugnut1

Postby Lugnut1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Hello everyone--new member here - discovered this site by accident but searched around the forums and became interested-I am a bald old fart who started reloading in the 1960s for quail, pheasant, huns and chucker- now live in Arkansas and duck hunt some { mostly gave up with steel shot}-still turkey hunt though-interested in reloading TSS for 16 gauge, 12 gauge and 10 gauge -some may comment on my registered name of Lugnut1-i do not give my bird dogs or retrievers common names-Lugnut was my all time favorite Chessie-unfortunately gone for many years now-I still dream of hunts with him-look forward to the knowledge i can gain from your wisdom--how do i purchase the shot and reloading manuals you offer?? Thank you for accepting me.

hawglips

Postby hawglips » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:23 pm

Welcome to the board!

Lugnut1

Postby Lugnut1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:18 pm

thank you.

Return to “Introductions”