Long time listener. First time caller.

Please introduce yourself.

Moderator: hawglips

dsm16428

Long time listener. First time caller.

Postby dsm16428 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:13 am

Name is Don, aka mightyjoeyoung on most of the other chat forums (one in particular that doesn't like to talk about the effectiveness of TSS past 40 yards). Been turkey hunting for 33 years now-learned from my old man who was one of the guys that helped reintroduce the eastern back to depleted spots in PA in the late 70s, early 80s. Awful lot of old Penn's Woods calls in the collection. I've shot my share of birds in 6 states (thank you USAF) and while I still get excited working a big gobbler, I have found just as much enjoyment in calling in birds for friends and family. Nothing quite as exciting as seeing a person shoot their first gobbler and seeing the true excitement on their face. I have reloaded a lot for many years, mostly rifle and handgun with a smattering for shotgun, but this year I hope to start rolling my own for the 20 gauge. I shoot HW 7s almost exclusively, but TSS just makes even those little #7 thumper look anemic by comparison. Can't wait to pick all your brains guys. Cheers.

hawglips

Re: Long time listener. First time caller.

Postby hawglips » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 am

dsm16428 wrote:Name is Don, aka mightyjoeyoung on most of the other chat forums (one in particular that doesn't like to talk about the effectiveness of TSS past 40 yards). Been turkey hunting for 33 years now-learned from my old man who was one of the guys that helped reintroduce the eastern back to depleted spots in PA in the late 70s, early 80s. Awful lot of old Penn's Woods calls in the collection. I've shot my share of birds in 6 states (thank you USAF) and while I still get excited working a big gobbler, I have found just as much enjoyment in calling in birds for friends and family. Nothing quite as exciting as seeing a person shoot their first gobbler and seeing the true excitement on their face. I have reloaded a lot for many years, mostly rifle and handgun with a smattering for shotgun, but this year I hope to start rolling my own for the 20 gauge. I shoot HW 7s almost exclusively, but TSS just makes even those little #7 thumper look anemic by comparison. Can't wait to pick all your brains guys. Cheers.

Welcome to the board Don!

Return to “Introductions”