Had some Luck in NM

Duck and Goose hunting

Moderator: hawglips

Fishh2o
Site Admin

Had some Luck in NM

Postby Fishh2o » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:04 pm

Well, we have been here for a little over a week and I've only had one chance to go hunt. I picked off two green heads and passed on 4 drake Red Heads.. I know.. I know.. I just don't like the taste of divers.. I hope to get out tomorrow morning since I saw some Gadwalls working two of my tanks.

#9 TSS dropped dead with one shot around 20-30 yards.

I was able to get cellular broadband and my weather station set up check it out at:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNMLASVE19#history

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

And this has been home for the last week and 1/2 4 more days then headed back to FL :-(

IMG_0235.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

Ironhead74

Re: Had some Luck in NM

Postby Ironhead74 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Looks like you are having a great time, I would love to do a 2 or 3 week camp/hunting trip up north one of these days!

Dave in AZ

Postby Dave in AZ » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:06 am

That's outstanding! Congrats, and I'm really glad to hear you are getting birds there, and seeing Redheads even! Nice tent and Wx station too!

hawglips

Postby hawglips » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Very nice! Sounds like a great trip.

Fishh2o
Site Admin

Postby Fishh2o » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:30 am

Well I will tell you what... Its freaking HARD work to live in a tent on top of a mesa when the wind blows 20 - 30 and temps hit 28. Kristie worked her butt off trying to get everything right and when we had to "work" for real it was little too much. its time to build something to live in besides a tent. waking up every two - 3 hours to put wood on the stove made sleep hard and we slacked really hard on work. We tried and learned a good lesson it tough to work a real job and live in a tent...Next up some kind of insulated structure so we can actually sleep all night... Other than being exhausted it was a great trip. She made some wonderful meals on a wood stove and and took care of my crazy ass.. I love her more and more as we stick together...

Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

Return to “Waterfowl”