Choke tube suggestions

Open discussion on all things 28 Gauge.

Moderator: hawglips

reggie-2-guns

Choke tube suggestions

Postby reggie-2-guns » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Thanks to Hal, I'm working on a 28 gauge load to shoot through my new SA-08. I'm currently working on getting the shells to cycle through the action by cutting down the hulls before I roll crimp. This shouldn't be a big issue. However, I'm not having much luck on finding a choke tube to combine with the gun to get an acceptable pattern at 40 yards. The factory full choke and a full choke from a reputable manufacturer have not performed with acceptable pellet counts.

If anyone can offer some advice about a choke tube that has worked well for them in a 28 gauge, I'd be interested in the info!

Thanks, hopefully I can post some pictures of my daughter and some turkeys this spring!

R2G

"It ain't the gun." Robert Hitt Neill

hawglips

Re: Choke tube suggestions

Postby hawglips » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 am

I've had good luck with Tru-Lock's .520 chokes for 3 different guns. Briley's XF has also done well in a couple guns.

Fishh2o
Site Admin

Postby Fishh2o » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 am

I just got some bailey tubes in cyl, skeet, im skeet, ic, lt mod, and mod... Did some pattern testing a couple weekends ago I really like the skeet for decoying ducks at 20 yards and the lt mod out to 40 so left barrel gets the skeet right gets the lt mod. I still need to get them analyzed with shotgun insight.

Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

reggie-2-guns

Postby reggie-2-guns » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks, guys.

Briley is sending me a choke. If it gives acceptable pellet counts, I'll let everybody know. If I strike out with Briley, I'm calling the Sumtoy gang.

R2G

"It ain't the gun." Robert Hitt Neill

slider67

Postby slider67 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Called truloc and they had a 520 in stock, sending it out today

Return to “28 Gauge”