10 ga. spreader load for geese.

Open discussion on Tungsten Super Shot "TSS" Handloading.

Moderator: hawglips

mtfalconer

10 ga. spreader load for geese.

Postby mtfalconer » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:18 pm

New to the forum and also to shotshell reloading. Have done a lot of rifle reloading. I was wondering what anyone could tell me about a 2-2.5 oz. of size 7-10 TSS shot in a Browning Gold Light 10 ga. open choke with an "xtreme spreader insert" from ballistics products. http://www.ballisticproducts.com/X-Stre ... o/3220001/

I was hoping to flock shoot snow geese at whatever range would still be lethal to attain maximum spread. I was hoping for 5-10 geese per shot (20 goose daily bag here in eastern Montana) to make that expensive TSS shot more cost effective per goose. Thanks for your time and thoughts, they are much appreciated.

hawglips

Re: 10 ga. spreader load for geese.

Postby hawglips » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:13 pm

Never known anyone to load something like that, but it would be interesting to see how it does!

mtfalconer

Postby mtfalconer » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:55 pm

hawglips wrote:Never known anyone to load something like that, but it would be interesting to see how it does!

Do you think it would even be possible hawglips? Or am I just dreaming? I just thought a modern day, legal, shoulder-fired, punt-gun-esque experience would be pretty neat. :D How would one go about developing a maximum spread load for flock shooting?

hawglips

Postby hawglips » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:22 pm

mtfalconer wrote:
hawglips wrote:Never known anyone to load something like that, but it would be interesting to see how it does!

Do you think it would even be possible hawglips? Or am I just dreaming? I just thought a modern day, legal, shoulder-fired, punt-gun-esque experience would be pretty neat. :D How would one go about developing a maximum spread load for flock shooting?

Sure it is possible.

Just a matter of figuring out how to do it.

Return to “TSS”