28SG

Open discussion on Tungsten Super Shot "TSS" Handloading.

Moderator: hawglips

User avatar
Fishh2o
Site Admin
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:02 pm
Location: Oldsmar Fl

28SG

Postby Fishh2o » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:23 pm

So whats the correct trim for the SG28 to fit the TUWSBL2024....... Hal, I think i pinged you about this in the past but forgot to follow up with you.

Left to right:

Full wad, Removed gas seal, everything but shot cup...


IMG_0480.jpg


FishH2o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

hawglips
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: 28SG

Postby hawglips » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:40 am

You want to trim it so you have nothing left but the shot cup.

Image



User avatar
Fishh2o
Site Admin
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:02 pm
Location: Oldsmar Fl

Re: 28SG

Postby Fishh2o » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:44 am

10-4, sure leaves the 9/16th with plenty room to rattle..


Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

hawglips
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: 28SG

Postby hawglips » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:07 pm

It should fit just about right in the 28SG. But you will have rattle after it's loaded up.



hawglips
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: 28SG

Postby hawglips » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:51 am

And you can always add a thin felt on top under the OSC to tighten up that rattle if you'd like.



User avatar
Fishh2o
Site Admin
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:02 pm
Location: Oldsmar Fl

Re: 28SG

Postby Fishh2o » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:16 am

hawglips wrote:And you can always add a thin felt on top under the OSC to tighten up that rattle if you'd like.



thats what i ended up doing. i ended up using a 1/4 felt on top will that effect pressure or fps?

BTW im roll crimping


Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

hawglips
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: 28SG

Postby hawglips » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Fishh2o wrote:
hawglips wrote:And you can always add a thin felt on top under the OSC to tighten up that rattle if you'd like.



thats what i ended up doing. i ended up using a 1/4 felt on top will that effect pressure or fps?

BTW im roll crimping


Felt on top won't affect psi or fps significantly. Underneath the shot is a different story.



User avatar
Fishh2o
Site Admin
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:02 pm
Location: Oldsmar Fl

Re: 28SG

Postby Fishh2o » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:44 pm

hawglips wrote:
Fishh2o wrote:
hawglips wrote:And you can always add a thin felt on top under the OSC to tighten up that rattle if you'd like.



thats what i ended up doing. i ended up using a 1/4 felt on top will that effect pressure or fps?

BTW im roll crimping


Felt on top won't affect psi or fps significantly. Underneath the shot is a different story.



I did all my pattern work before i started putting the felt on top. That got me wondering if it could effect the pattern. I will try to get out and compare the results but i don't have time before tomorrow at 3:00am.


Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

hawglips
Posts: 290
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: 28SG

Postby hawglips » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:39 pm

I just saw this again, and realized that I told everyone wrong.

On the 9/16 oz load data, the SG28 wad should be trimmed this way:

Image



User avatar
Fishh2o
Site Admin
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:02 pm
Location: Oldsmar Fl

Re: 28SG

Postby Fishh2o » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Thats what I thought. That way the shoot come up to the top of the other wad.Im curious what the pressures change is? I've been shooting these all year so far.


Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.


Return to “TSS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests