Buying Land out west ?

General Chit Chat

Moderator: hawglips

Fishh2o
Site Admin

Buying Land out west ?

Postby Fishh2o » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:42 pm

So my wife and I are looking to buy some land out in North New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, or Idaho. I would prefer more south west pushing for NM, or CO. Any suggestions or input you guys have? We are looking for a 20 - 100 acre plot thats close to mountains thats close to BLM lands.

Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

Dave in AZ

Re: Buying Land out west ?

Postby Dave in AZ » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:00 pm

I lived in Colorado Springs for 4 years (USAF school for wayward youth), then NM for a year (Holloman AFB area). I visit Boise in the summer and love it.
One of the best places I've been is in NM, around Taos mountain. There is a circle of towns around it, and I really liked Red River. Sante Fe is to the south. Anyways up high to the E is Eagle Nest then on around to Angel Fire. Anyways, there Pecos river starts up there and winds down the E side of those mountains all the way to the Rio Grande. Route 66 goes through that area also.

What I'm thinking is the lake and Pecos may be part of flyway for ducks; and you're near the elk areas there, Farmington etc. If I was buying 100 acres, I'd want to be on a duck flyway and be able to have a pond or such. Oh, and the fly fishing in all the streams around that mountain is great, that's why I used to go there for a week every year.

Don't know what it's like living there for taxes etc. though..

Return to “General”