Sure is quiet here. What are you all doing?

General Chit Chat

Moderator: hawglips

paulinkansas

Sure is quiet here. What are you all doing?

Postby paulinkansas » Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 pm

What are you doing that is not hunting related? I've been lifting weights and boxing for almost a year now. Lost about 15 lbs too.
My rental properties are doing pretty good. There is a refinery in my small town and I rent out furnished houses by the week to refinery contractors that are here for short term jobs. Next March there is a major turnaround at the refinery. Most of my tenants are here for pre-turnaround work, and they say they'll be here until the turnaround is over.
Won 2 guns last month. A Ruger .45 1911 and a stainless Marlin .22 rifle.
Got a new above ground pool last week. Set it up and started filling it. It leaked at a seam. The manufacturer said to cut out the essential parts of the pool and mail them back for a warranty replacement.

Dave in AZ

Re: Sure is quiet here. What are you all doing?

Postby Dave in AZ » Sat May 25, 2019 3:15 am

Hmm... I probably gained 15 lbs, haven't been boxing, and I have 2 rentals going empty I have to re-rent but am too lazy to get started for a month now. Man, now I'm wishing I was you LOL ;)
Did a 16ga day at the skeet range last Sat? That was fun, with a duck hunting buddy. Cooked a ton of great meals. My oldest got his license. Read 100 books since Jan. Today I was thinking I should just force myself to only read on the elliptical.

Really next on the hunting scene is to work up some good 16ga bismuth loads this year. And maybe pattern some 410 TSS loads for ducks next season.

hawglips

Postby hawglips » Mon May 27, 2019 12:35 pm

Been traveling for turkeys all last week...

Next on the list is some more load development....

paulinkansas

Postby paulinkansas » Mon May 27, 2019 7:09 pm

My town is going to have a flood. Water will probably top the levee this evening. This happened 12 years ago. About 500 houses were lost in the flood back then, they weren't rebuilt. Businesses rebuilt.
I spent my morning helping a guy empty out a liquor store. We put everything in boxes, stacked boxes on pallets, forklifted the pallets onto flatbeds hauled by a semi. We filled up 3 semi loads of booze. When this whole ordeal is over, the liquor store owner will probably throw a month long party instead of moving all the inventory back to the store.

Coffeyville Kansas

Return to “General”