MagnetoSpeed V3 for TSS

Open discussion on Tungsten Super Shot "TSS" Handloading.

Moderator: hawglips

Bcturkeynut

MagnetoSpeed V3 for TSS

Postby Bcturkeynut » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:01 pm

Does anyone have any experience, they are willing to share, regarding using a MagnetoSpeed V3 for capturing the muzzle velocity of TSS handloads? Considering purchasing one and was curious if it would work for this purpose.

bullet225ho

Re: MagnetoSpeed V3 for TSS

Postby bullet225ho » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Never heard of it...looks interesting.

My quick slosh through the interweb didn't show me any used on shotguns.. I'd say it would work though.

continental shooter

Postby continental shooter » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:02 am

hey,

two things here:
1- Muzzle velocity doesn't exist in physics and is a calculated value rather than a measurable one so, anything that claims to do that is misleading at least (if not fraudulent)
2- if you try to shot a shotguna with that apparatus chances are you blow it off fairly soon either with some stray pellet to the muzzle gasses.

A regular chronograph with the first sensor placed between 24" and 40" will give much better readings.

Many Thanks,

Bcturkeynut

Postby Bcturkeynut » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:47 am

Unable to find much information on the use of the MagnetoSpeed with shotguns, I took a chance and purchased the V3 last fall. I have used it on 6 different shotguns and fired approximately 40 shotgun rounds across it. No damage to the bayonet by pellets. The only issue I incurred was using it on the .410. This required me to increase the sensitivity setting to obtain a reading which was easy. The default sensitivity setting worked fine with 12 & 20ga loads. This unit is much easier to setup than the standard chrony. I have been pleased with the purchase.

Return to “TSS”