Bow Sugestions

General Chit Chat

Moderator: hawglips

Fishh2o
Site Admin

Bow Sugestions

Postby Fishh2o » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:34 am

Well,

Im thinking of getting into archery and wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions. I dont have any experience at all with archery so I dont need a 1200$ bow.. Im just looking to have something I can shoot in the back yard for now until i become confidante enough to hunt.

Roll with it. If you stay above 55 the wheel wont fall off.

jim-22

Re: Bow Sugestions

Postby jim-22 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:29 pm

I don't have experience with anything but my Tenpoint. It is very durable and deadly accurate.

UPEgger

Postby UPEgger » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Shop around for some used bows. Resale on most of them is WAY LOW. I mainly used Matthews products. After 20+ years of finger shooting I went to a release. Huge increase in consistent accuracy. Spend money on a good quality range finder. Worth their weight in gold for shots beyond 35 or so yards.

I stopped archery when my shoulder started giving me problems, or I would still be at it. It is lots of fun.

Carl L.

Ghillie_55

Postby Ghillie_55 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:30 am

I dabble in bow hunting a little bit. My advice would be to go to a bow shop, and find a bow that "feels right" to you. They have different Axle to axle heights, and they can help you figure out your draw length.

Then take the info of brand you like the feel of, draw length, possible poundage you feel comfortable with...then hit the used bow market.

Return to “General”