Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Open discussion on Tungsten Super Shot "TSS" Handloading.

Moderator: hawglips

Spoonykiller75
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:31 am

Re: Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby Spoonykiller75 » Wed May 05, 2021 1:22 am

I ordered a pound from him last Thursday and it already showed up today! Talk about quick service for shipping it out! I'll be doing more business with him in the future!



Thunder Chicken
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:50 am

Re: How do you Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby Thunder Chicken » Fri May 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Does he have a phone or email?



Dukindan
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:56 pm

Re: Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby Dukindan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:25 pm

Just received some #7 pretty much immediately aftef ordering.
Very impressed.
Sure would like some recipes for duck loads .
Ive got cheddite 410 2-1/2, longshot, lil gun, 300 mp, herco, green dot, 410 tps , mg 410 wads.

Was also hoping for some 2-3/4 12 gauge duplex #3 steel with the #7 for rem sts, cheddite / kent.
Sam1, tps, mg42 wads

So have boatloads of different fillers, os cards etc.
Fold or roll crimp

Any info very much appreciated and , of course, confidential.

I can hardly wait to see the look on my buddies faces wkth their 3-1/2 inch Bennellis when I get em with an O/U 410.

Thanks and happy hunting



DagSwane
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:29 am

Re: Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby DagSwane » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:18 am

Dukindan wrote:Just received some #7 pretty much immediately aftef ordering.
Very impressed.
Sure would like some recipes for duck loads .
Ive got cheddite 410 2-1/2, longshot, lil gun, 300 mp, herco, green dot, 410 tps , mg 410 wads.

Was also hoping for some 2-3/4 12 gauge duplex #3 steel with the #7 for rem sts, cheddite / kent.
Sam1, tps, mg42 wads

So have boatloads of different fillers, os cards etc.
Fold or roll crimp

Any info very much appreciated and , of course, confidential.

I can hardly wait to see the look on my buddies faces wkth their 3-1/2 inch Bennellis when I get em with an O/U 410.

Thanks and happy hunting



This used to be posted on Prarie Wind Decoys TSS Page:


Here is a few of our favorite loads for the 18g/cc TSS Shot.
.410
Cheddite 2-1/2” primed Hull
23 gr. Alliant 300 MP Powder
2 x 1/8” Maxi nitro cards over powder
MG410 wad
3/8 oz 18g/cc shot
Overshot card
roll crimp
1510 fps, 6135 psi
This is an awesome duck or goose load with #9's, 9.5's or #10's.

.410 Cheddite or Fiocchi 3” primed Hull
22 gr. Alliant 300 MP Powder
1 x 1/8” Maxi nitro card
Stretch 36 wad
5/8 oz 18g/cc shot
overshot card
roll crimp
1430 fps, 11583 psi
This is a deadly duck, goose, crane load with #7's, #8's, #8.5's, #9's or 9.5's.
——————————————————————————
A buddy loaded the 3/8oz load data last year for NoDak duck hunts, had very good field results.

Others have reported that wad not being thick enough for tss9’s (Tom Armburst, said he had barrel scoring with tps wads as well). Shoot it through a cheap .410 and see. So far, I haven’t had any issues with that wad and hw15 shot.



hawglips
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby hawglips » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:51 pm

DagSwane wrote:
This used to be posted on Prarie Wind Decoys TSS Page:


Here is a few of our favorite loads for the 18g/cc TSS Shot.
.410
Cheddite 2-1/2” primed Hull
23 gr. Alliant 300 MP Powder
2 x 1/8” Maxi nitro cards over powder
MG410 wad
3/8 oz 18g/cc shot
Overshot card
roll crimp
1510 fps, 6135 psi
This is an awesome duck or goose load with #9's, 9.5's or #10's.

.410 Cheddite or Fiocchi 3” primed Hull
22 gr. Alliant 300 MP Powder
1 x 1/8” Maxi nitro card
Stretch 36 wad
5/8 oz 18g/cc shot
overshot card
roll crimp
1430 fps, 11583 psi
This is a deadly duck, goose, crane load with #7's, #8's, #8.5's, #9's or 9.5's.
——————————————————————————
A buddy loaded the 3/8oz load data last year for NoDak duck hunts, had very good field results.



Those are loads I developed which they should not have posted.... They asked for a 1/4 oz load for the .410 which I did not follow through with due to that.



DagSwane
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:29 am

Re: Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby DagSwane » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:42 am

hawglips wrote:
DagSwane wrote:
This used to be posted on Prarie Wind Decoys TSS Page:


Here is a few of our favorite loads for the 18g/cc TSS Shot.
.410
Cheddite 2-1/2” primed Hull
23 gr. Alliant 300 MP Powder
2 x 1/8” Maxi nitro cards over powder
MG410 wad
3/8 oz 18g/cc shot
Overshot card
roll crimp
1510 fps, 6135 psi
This is an awesome duck or goose load with #9's, 9.5's or #10's.

.410 Cheddite or Fiocchi 3” primed Hull
22 gr. Alliant 300 MP Powder
1 x 1/8” Maxi nitro card
Stretch 36 wad
5/8 oz 18g/cc shot
overshot card
roll crimp
1430 fps, 11583 psi
This is a deadly duck, goose, crane load with #7's, #8's, #8.5's, #9's or 9.5's.
——————————————————————————
A buddy loaded the 3/8oz load data last year for NoDak duck hunts, had very good field results.



Those are loads I developed which they should not have posted.... They asked for a 1/4 oz load for the .410 which I did not follow through with due to that.



I had no idea, my apologies. I know many that have used this data to develop a similar load. I’ve had reports from Reloaders and guys who pressure test that TSS and that wad combination have scrub through and have damaged barrels. One person that does pressure testing will not take tungsten shot (13/15/18) anymore.



patternfreak
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun May 02, 2021 6:31 pm

Re: Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby patternfreak » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:49 am

Tom's barrel was destroyed by a wildly over pressured 410 load using a TPS 410 wad (if memory serves me correctly). While the stretch wad does seem thin and I do question it, I have not heard any reported issues



hawglips
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Re: Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby hawglips » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:06 pm

patternfreak wrote:Tom's barrel was destroyed by a wildly over pressured 410 load using a TPS 410 wad (if memory serves me correctly). While the stretch wad does seem thin and I do question it, I have not heard any reported issues


Neither have I.

Most of my early TSS load development used double wads, sleeves, etc. But though I still like the double wad loads, I've gravitated towards using even lead only wads also over the years, with no mylar. Though any hard shot can nick up forcing cones and chokes, I think most reports of barrels getting destroyed by TSS are exaggerated....



Dukindan
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:56 pm

Re: Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby Dukindan » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:59 pm

Just purchased a couple pounds of #7 TSS .
Was hoping for some 2-1/2" 410 #7 recipes?
Can I substitute weight for weight steel with fillers?


Thanks for any info.


dan-gpm@cox.net



DagSwane
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:29 am

Re: Order your TSS shot from hawglips!

Postby DagSwane » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:30 am

patternfreak wrote:Tom's barrel was destroyed by a wildly over pressured 410 load using a TPS 410 wad (if memory serves me correctly). While the stretch wad does seem thin and I do question it, I have not heard any reported issues

In talking to him on the phone about a month ago, he said he had multiple lines “ bored” (his words) into the entire length of his test barrel ($950 approximate) with TSS9’s. It sounded strange to me as well, but I wasn’t going to argue. He said he won’t be testing hard shot, I asked about 13/15 g/cc and he didn’t want to. He passed along a number in Florida. He doesn’t live too far from me, so that was an easy drive to make, and a buddy works very close to his address. He’s helped me with other load data this past year. I too like using components with a cushion vs TPS wads. I haven’t seen any issues in my Guns (and I shoot cheaper Turkish guns) with HTL shot, so far.




Return to “TSS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests